Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So Beautiful

Day 118
The Daily DuBrule

I wandered outside early this evening while waiting for dinner to cook on the stove. The sun had finally come out and everything in my yard was glistening and gorgeous. Perhaps it was the fact that it has been raining for days. Maybe it was the mud covered plans drying on the hood of my car in the garage or the soaking wet shoes and socks in the back hall. It was probably the utter frustration of trying so hard to get things done in this, the busiest of springs, but I was simply moved to tears at the beauty of what I saw.

I am tired. I admit it. I can't handle the multi-tasking and 14 hours days in a row like I could 30 years ago. When I am tired, I am emotional. I am also grappling with the fact that two of my friends are battling life threatening illnesses right now. I think about them constantly. I can't imagine the world without them. And I think about them in hospital rooms, inside, getting poked and prodded and simply struggling to survive while I feel sorry for myself because I have to work really hard. So when I emerge into a sparkling world of fragrant irises, voluptuous peonies, and blowsy Viburnums weighed down to the ground with flowers, I am so appreciative of my garden and the beauty of the natural world that I cry grateful tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment