Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Take me Away

Day 90
The Daily DuBrule

It was 8 years ago today that I was at my rehearsal dinner. Yes, me, the crazy garden lady, getting married. Who could imagine. And on April 18th, no less, smack in the middle of the busy season. A couple of days later, my husband and I flew to PARIS! I had never been to Europe and I was so enchanted. He had actually lived in Paris for a summer and was fluent in french. 

All I remember is that is was like being in a fairytale. It was spring and I wasn't working 15 hour days and worrying about everything under the sun. Paris weather and the blooming cycle of the plants mirrored Mother's Day weekend in southern CT. Actually, kind of like this week in 2012 if you really think about it. It was fresh and new and romantic and gorgeous. Take me away to that place again, please. 

For anyone that knows me, or has visited Natureworks lately, you will know that we have been going through computer chaos. Hell is more like it. Today I thought to myself "maybe I should just ditch it all and move to a farm somewhere far away and garden again, which is what I really wanted to do in the FIRST PLACE!!!"  Okay, that's out of my system. I guess as I am preparing to celebrate my 8th wedding anniversary during this crazy warm week of April, Paris is pulling me into her spell.
Ah, April in Paris. Wisterias dripping from arbors. Lilacs, French lilacs no less, in every shade of rich, luxurious purple. Flower vendors everywhere. The parks, with all the trees pruned to giant, round balls. How crazy is that? Outdoor cafes. Fresh baguettes every day. The walks along the river. The food. The wine. We arrived as the rain clouds floated away and for a week, the weather was perfect. As we boarded the plane to return to reality, the weather turned cold and rainy again. It was our gift, our great escape. 

I sure could use that right about now. With computers crashing and electronic gadgets giving me a run for my money, and the frustration and stress visible on the faces of my hard working and oh so dedicated employees, a trip to Paris in April seems like a million years away...and just what the doctor ordered. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh - gorgeous. Paris sounds lovely - sounds like one to add to the list! Enjoy your anniversary today - it's a beautiful day. (and i'm crossing my fingers on the computers...)

    ReplyDelete